These muffins feature zucchini to make them extra healthy! You can use peanut butter, almond butter or your favourite nut butter for the icing. This recipe is by the wonderful Healthy Eating Jo.
- For the muffins:
- 1/2 cup wholemeal spelt four, sifted
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1 tbsp Du Chocolat
- 1/4 cup Natvia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup apple puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- For the icing:
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 4 tbsp Natvia (processed to a fine consistency)
- 1 tbsp/20ml/0.7 oz Almond Milk (more to consistency)
Makes 7 muffins
For the muffins:
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Mix wet into dry until just combined.
- Pour into 7 silicon cups (not paper) and bake at 220C for 5mins, then reduce temperature to 180C for 15mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the icing:
- Mix all ingredients, adding more almond milk if desired until the icing reaches your desired consistency.
- Spread over the cooled muffins.