Relive your childhood with this refined sugar free, vegan version of Wagon Wheels! Make sure you start this recipe the night before, as it’s important that the cashews are soaked and coconut cream chilled overnight.
Raspberry Chia Jam
1 cup raspberries
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp Natvia
1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
1/3 cup coconut cream (chilled overnight)
1 tbsp Natvia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup Du Chocolat
- Make the chia jam first. Place all ingredients in a small bowl, and mash together with a fork. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the wagon wheels to let the chia seeds thicken up.
- To make the biscuits, blend all the ingredients in a food processor until combined. Turn out onto a bench and bring the mixture together with your hands into a ball.
- Grease your surface lightly with oil, and roll out the dough to a round about half a centimetre thick. Cut out circles, making sure you end up with an even number. Carefully place them on a lined baking tray and put in the freezer.
- For the ‘marshmallow’, add soaked cashews, chilled coconut cream and Natvia to a blender and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add extra coconut cream gradually.
- Remove the biscuits from the fridge and spread a heaped tablespoon of the marshmallow mixture over half of the biscuits. Put them back in the freezer while you make the chocolate coating.
- Whisk together the coconut oil and Du Chocolat to make the chocolate coating.
- Dollop the raspberry jam on top of the marshmallow filling, then sandwich together with the remaining biscuits. Place back in the freezer to firm up.
- Once the biscuits have frozen, dip them into the chocolate coating and set on a wire rack to dry. (This is a little less messy if you use forks rather than your hands). Once dry, dip them again so that they are well covered.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve.